Published on: Mon 11 May 2020
Where can I certify masks in China?
Tests of masks are performed by laboratories. Also in China there are laboratories certified to perform testing under EN 149 and EN 14683.
The China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS) publishes the acrrediated laboratories. These companies are accredited for the scope EN 14683 and/or EN 149. The most current version of the list can be accessed here. At the time of writing this article there were 9 laboratories certified for testing under EN 149 and/or EN 14683:
- Chinatesta Textile Testing & Certification Services (EN 149:2001+A1:2009 & EN 14683:2019);
- Guangzhou Inspection Testing and Certification Group Co., Ltd. (EN 14683:2019)
- Jiangsu Guojian Testing Technology Co., Ltd. (BS EN 149:2001 +A1:2009)
- Shandong Quality Inspection Center for Medical Devices (EN 14683:2014 - Only BFE in EN 14683:2014)
- Jiangsu Quality Supervision and Inspection Center for Special Safety Protection Products (EN 149:2001+A1:2009)
- Testing Laboratory for Labour Protection Products of Beijing Municipal Institute for Labour Protection (EN 149:2001+A1:2009)
- China Academy of Safety Science & Technology (EN 149:2001+ A1: 2009)
- SGS-CSTC Standards Technical Services (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Testing Center (EN 149:2001+A1:2009 & EN 14683:2019 EN 14683:2019 Part Parameters)
- Shenzhen Academy of Metrology & Quality Inspection (EN 14683:2019+AC:2019
Download the free PRODUCTIP GUIDE FOR SUPPLYING THE EU MARKET WITH SURGICAL MASKS AND OR RESPIRATORY DEVICES for more information on EN 149 and EN 14683 and more.