Search the news


EU & UK Authorized Representative Service

EU & UK Authorized Representative Service


EU 2019/1020 has an impact on companies involved in placing manufactured goods on the EU market as well as on market surveillance authorities. It will become active on July 16, 2021. It now also addresses fulfilment service providers as well as drop shipping from outside the EU to EU consumers. Manufactured goods should always have an EU address for market surveillance authorities. This may be an EU authorised representative. ProductIP is offering that services. it is also called EU-AR service, some call it "responsible person". 

Post-Brexit there is a similar situation for the UK market. You'll need a local address for Trading Standards. ProductIP is offering Authorised Representative service for the UK market as well (UK-AR).


The EU (with the EU 2019/1020 per July 16, 2021), as well as the UK ( post-Brexit ), requires companies to provide a person or entity responsible for product compliance information. One established inside the EU or the UK, that takes care of the communication with the authorities. The address of the person or entity needs to be on the product label, on the packaging, as well as on conformity declarations. This is essential to keep access to the market. Failing to do so is a formal non-conformity.

Pressure to comply is mainly coming from your customers, retailers, importers and fulfilment service providers. Why? Because in the legislation they will be held responsible for product compliance of all products that do not comply with this local entity requirement.

There is a solution to secure keeping access to the market. One that ensures you keep access to the market and takes the pressure away from your customer or fulfilment service provider. One that also can take care of the communication with authorities. One that is instantly available and does not require you to go to the stressful and costly progress of registering and maintaining a local entity: ProductIP Authorised Representative (AR) Services. (sometimes called "Responsible Person" which is not exactly the same as that term is reserved for specific AR roles under specific Directives). You can opt for the EU-AR service package, the UK-AR service package, or both. 

I want more information

Share this post via: