Standards for multimedia products
Multimedia product standards have made it simpler
Is a MP3-player in a mobile phone an information technology product, a telecommunication product or an audio-video product? This question was relevant because of the different EMC and LVD standards for ITE and audio-video products.
In the past there was a clear distinction between audio-video products and information technology products, but this has faded away with the introduction of multimedia products. The multimedia standards for EMC and LVD have replaced well-known audio-video and ITE product standards.
- LVD standards EN 60950-1:2006 and EN 60065:2014 have been replaced by EN 62368-1:2014 since 20 December 2020.
- LVD standard EN IEC 62368-1:2020 will replace EN 62368-1:2014 probably early 2023.
- EMC emission standards EN 55022:2010 and EN 55013:2013 have been replaced by EN 55032:2012 since 5 March 2017.
- EMC emission standard EN 55032:2012 will be replaced by EN 55035:2015+A11:2020 per 4 May 2022.
- EMC immunity standards EN 55024:2010 and EN 55020:2007 will be replaced by EN 55035:2017+A11:2020 per 16 September 2022.
- EMC immunity standard EN 55103-2:2009 will also be replaced by EN 55035:2017+A11:2020 but per 28 July 2022.
- EMC immunity standard EN 55035:2017 is also harmonised for the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU.
Harmonised standards are published in EU Official Journals. The latest publications can always be found on the European Commission's websites: