Your trade passport to the european market place
CE marking allows the product to freely circulate throughout the European Economic Area. But dealing with CE marking represents a challenge. Not all products sold in the EU need to carry a CE marking. CE marking applies to products, ranging from electrical equipment to toys and from civil explosives to medical devices. Such products fall under one or more directives which determine the specific requirements that the product must comply with in order to bear a CE Marking. So how do you know if your product requires marking and what directives do you need to mention in your CE declaration? And are there any other requirements that you should keep in mind?
CE marking, what you need to do
- Find out if your product requires CE marking and which directives apply to your product.
- Ensure that your product complies to these directives by testing or by asking your supplier the required documents to prove compliance.
- Compile a technical file which contains all these documents to prove compliance. One of these documents is the declaration of conformity which you will need to sign.
- Apply the CE marking to the product. In this way indicating the product’s compliance and enabling its free movement within the European market.
- Keep your technical file available for the authorities during 10 years.
Compliance clip (PDF) about CE marking
What you can do
- Create a Technical file within our platform and you will see which directives apply to your product.
- Within the platform you'll find what documents you need to gather for your Technical file.
- We keep your Technical file safely stored for 10 year and we monitor any changes to the related legislation. If anything changes, you will know and be able to take the necessary steps in order to ensure compliance.
- Our platform is a information management tool allowing you to collect all the documents and share them with all parties required in the most efficient way possible. No more e-mails with attachments. No more zip files. Your suppliers and testing agencies will be able to upload the corresponding documents into the correct technical file.
You can start today! Buy 2 credits to create your first Technical file or contact us about the other subscription models!
Pricing information or use our Pricing Calculator to see how much it would cost you in time and money to outsource compliance work.
Reference - Blue Guide
All CE regulations