Compliance of non-food consumer goods may seem complicated, there is a relatively easy way to start to reduce the risks for the end-user, and your company/brand. How?
Study the recalls and ask yourself how you currently are dealing with these aspects;
- Does the design cover these risks? If so, do you have type-approval information to prove this?
- Are you putting enough pressure on the supply chain by performing inspections before shipment?
- If so, do you have a technical file, created via ProductIP, so that you can arrange inspections with sufficient detail?
Bookmark this recall starting page and check the various overviews regularly;
- EU RASFF for Food Contact Materials.
- EU Safety Gate - RAPEX - for other non-food consumer goods.
- CPSC for the US market, where the consumers do not behave differently, and the risks are the same.
- Last but not least, the OECD portal for global recalls.